Senior Drupal Architect
One of Esteemed's partners is seeking a Senior Drupal Architect, for a hybrid, direct-hire, full time role in the Philadelphia area!
Candidates must be able to work W2 without sponsorship, and work onsite in Philadelphia twice per week to start. No C2C.
Pay is DOE, but in the $150K range. Strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical jargon into layman's terms is important, and your ability to understand how your work fits into the business, versus being a hands-on developer, is paramount.
The Senior Drupal Architect plays a pivotal role in leading architectural design, development, and maintenance of customer-facing software products within our organization. This position emphasizes products hosted on Drupal/CMS and involves guiding a team through the complete development cycle, from concept to release. The Senior Architect is responsible for evolving a product line-oriented technology infrastructure that is robust, flexible, and optimized for frequent and reliable releases of a wide range of industry-leading digital products and services. This is a hybrid role in Philadelphia.
- Sets architectural direction for web applications, the platforms on which they run, and associated online services, with a focus on our products and services hosted on Drupal.
- Integrates web applications with other systems, both internal and external, using web services, APIs, etc..
- Administers cloud services (e.g., Pantheon, AWS, etc.).
- Develops and implements quality assurance procedures for online systems, utilizing Continuous Integration (CI) tools (e.g. Travis CI, Jenkins, etc. where appropriate.
- Leads DevOps and deployment efforts, automating processes where possible. Determines the source of customer problems with digital products and services and troubleshoots.
- Leads R&D efforts to stay at the forefront of software development trends.
- Works collaboratively with other departments, mentors team members, and ensures effective communication with technical and non-technical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree required in Computer Science or a related technical field; OR a college degree in a non-technical field with demonstrable and relevant work experience.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with an emphasis on DevOps skills, including release management, quality assurance (QA) engineering, and security engineering.
- Prior experience in leading teams in the design and development of software using content management systems required; specific experience using Drupal in an educational and/or electronic publishing environment is highly desirable.
- Requires extensive knowledge and experience in the architecture of large-scale, content-heavy, access-controlled web applications, utilizing an array of current server-side technologies (e.g., Drupal, PHP, , XML-based systems, and web service architectures).
- Must have experience administering and managing source code repositories via git or similar systems.
- Experience designing and developing in cloud/hosted architectures is highly desired.
- Ability to solicit, organize, and synthesize user needs, inter-system dependencies and existing platforms and systems, and develop appropriate architectures utilizing an iterative, agile approach.
- Ability to analyze user feedback and make modifications for final product development and implementation.
- Excellent project management skills to lead various projects moving simultaneously.