Graphql & Typescript Developer, Node.js/react/drupal 9
One of Esteemed's clients is seeking a contract Developer for a long-term contract role. This role is remote within the US and must be able to work W2 without sponsorship.
The mission of the GraphQL team is to develop and maintain an API layer that product development teams across the company can leverage, serving as the client access layer for all of our rich datasets and driving the next generation of user experiences. This layer provides consistent and clear interfaces, strong contracts, and world-class developer ergonomics so that product engineers can focus on the product.
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Building GraphQL to meet the needs of our growing engineering organization.
- Designing an architecture that is performant, stable, secure, and low-cost.
As a senior engineer on this team, you’ll be a technical leader.
- You’ll draw on your technical expertise to ensure these systems have high uptime and strong performance while working with other technical leaders to build a longer-term roadmap to match the needs of an ever-growing engineering organization.
- You’ll also look for opportunities to engage with the GraphQL community at large, presenting and sharing our accomplishments within the industry, and bringing in good ideas from other peers.
Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high-leverage projects that align with our goals.
Build: Execute a strategy and create a more performant, more scalable, higher quality architecture.
Amplify: Mentor other ICs and be a technical leader on the GraphQL team. Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across engineering.
Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems.
- 3+ years of Go experience.
- Experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company’s strategy.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise.
- History of mentorship and technical leadership.
- History of working on an API layer is a big plus.
- Experience structuring and implementing complex data models is a plus.
- Apollo Client, Apollo Federation, TypeScript, and API Development would be great.