Technical Solutions Architect/Account Manager
One of Esteemed's clients is seeking a technical-minded Solutions Engineer, to act as the lead technical salesperson in the organization. The ideal candidate is a former data engineer with a sales streak and exceptional communications ability, experienced in consultative selling, building POCs, and managing workflows.
This is a direct-hire, permanent remote role, which must be based in the US, and able to work W2 without sponsorship.
Regular travel is likely. Salary is in the mid-$100s for a base, with OTE topping over $300K median.
Our mission is to make real time data engineering dead simple. Here, application developers, data engineers, and data scientists can get data from a myriad of systems, process it with SQL, and get it to applications, databases, data lakes, and storage systems without needing a PhD in distributed systems.
To do that, we need you!
About the role:
The Solutions Engineer will play a key role in serving data teams of all kinds. The ideal candidate needs to have experience selling complex SaaS into IT teams, especially earning the trust of engineers and helping them succeed.
What we are looking for:
- At least 4+ years as an SE selling to tech teams
- Experience with Kafka, Pulsar, Rabbit, Flink, or Kinesis
- Energy, curiosity, and initiative
- You want to go fast and be part of the story
- Your customers would love to buy from you again!
- A great list of startup-friendly contacts you can call on day 1
- An ownership mindset
- Experience selling to IC’s, executives, and everyone in between
- Experience at startups building toward $10M ARR
- History of success: crush your quota, build long term relationships, and drive customer projects to success and satisfaction
- Practiced and perfected both the art and science of sales:
- Being authentic while accomplishing objectives
- Customizing each customer experience to their needs
- Rigorous qualification and structure to sales cycles and PoVs
- “Not my job” isn’t part of your vocabulary
- Education in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience selling open source and SaaS
- Coding proficiency
- Multi-disciplinary: experience in product management, dev/rel, or professional services
- Blows through any obstacles to deliver an amazing customer experience
We get that you have a lot of options when it comes to where you work. More than just salary, you want to work on cool projects, with the best team, and have real impact - on customers, on the product, on the company, and on your career. You get that here!
Here's what you can expect from us:
- An open, human-first team.
- Transparent salary band and cap table information.
- Unlimited vacation with a 2 week minimum vacation policy.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- 401k / RRSP with contribution.